Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The end of Summer 2010

I know it's been a while, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything good, so I've tried to limit what I do write to Facebook so it gets lost amidst the posts =)

I went to TX for 4 days (July 30th - Aug 2nd) to attend my Dad's wedding on July 31st...or, watch his last funeral, as he put it. That was interesting, to say the least. It was nice to meet my cousin Dan, my new step-sister and her family, and to see my nephew and my best friends from Barksdale...I ate, a LOT.

Dad and Teresa came here for a week (Aug 3rd-10th). In the middle of all that, Bill came home for his first vacation in roughly 9 years (Aug 5th-13th). We didn't go anywhere, but managed to have a good time amidst the chaos anyway.

We had no air conditioning in the car or the apartment for the hottest weekend of the year, that all got fixed. Then the radiator in the car decided to explode in the Mall parking lot. I'm VERY happy that if it had to happen, it did it when it did! It was one week before my first day of college and Bill was home to deal with it, Dad and Dennis were around to follow and take me to get parts, and I turned into a bawling basket case under so much pressure that I nearly exploded and had to be replaced myself!

The Sioux Empire Fair started on the 10th, Dad and Teresa left that afternoon. On the 11th we went to the fair, I nearly ate myself into a coma consuming fair food; nachos, turkey legs, chislic, philly cheesesteaks, chicken kabobs, funnel cakes...O.M.G! That night we went to Clay Walker, Tasha nearly had a severe meltdown in the pre-concert noise, but I managed to talk her down until the music started, then she had a BLAST. Other than the fair, we went swimming one day (Granny T went with us so Tasha thought that was cool), we went bowling with the whole family here (Dennis and his family, Dad, Teresa, Nana and Nick, Bill, Tasha and I), we had ice cream at Cold Stone, we ate out at HuHot and the Olive Garden (!mmmm!), looked at the duplex and decided to move, went to Tasha's registration, my laptop orientation, and just generally enjoyed our last week of summer freedom. I was actually sad that it ended. :(

Next year Bill gets two weeks of vacation and I don't care who's ass it chaps, we are doing SOMETHING away from home...even if it's just camping!

I'll start posting on school soon. Be afraid, very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment